- What are the man and woman looking for?
- Interesting news. B. An apartment. C. Some bedrooms.
- Which street will they probably go to?
- South Street. B. Lake Street. C. Market Street.
- What does the woman think of the man giving the speech?
- He is not talking loudly enough.
- He is not wearing a microphone.
- He may be from another country.
- What is the man’s suggestion?
- Talking to the speaker privately.
- Turning off the light.
- Leaving the room.
- What does the man think of the schools in Oregon?
- They offer good programs.
- They have beautiful scenery.
- They have a long history.
- Which university did the woman attend?
- Harvard University.
- Brown University.
- The University of Pennsylvania.
- Where will the woman go next?
- Another store.
- A nearby university.
- The left of the man’s store.
- Where are the speakers going probably?
- A shower. B. A lake. C. A mountaintop.
- What can usually be seen around this time of year?
- Baby eagles. B. Many ducks. C. Geese hunters.
- What is the unusual sight mentioned by the woman?
- People are riding horses.
- Two deer are eating grass.
- Travelers are skiing at the top of the kill.
- The reason ______ I didn’t go to Shanghai was ______ I got a new job.
- why; because B. why; that C. that; because D. that; that
- ______ is known to us all, the old worker, for ______ life was hard in the past, still works hard in his seventies.
- As; whom B. What; whose C. It; whose D. That; whom
- It was not until dark ______ he thought was the correct way to solve the problem.
- did he find what B. when he found that
- that he found what D. when he found what
- to sunlight accounts for the good preservation of the ancient paintings.
- Having not exposed B. Not having exposed
- Exposed not D. Not being exposed
- ______ from above, the heaven-like campus, with two man-made lakes and a bridge respectively ______ in the east, the west and the south, looks like a face.
- Photographing; located B. Photographed; situated
- Photographing; locating D. Photographed; laying
- His career ______ off since he ______ the important decision on reason rather than on emotion.
- has taken; was based on B. is taking; was based on
- has taken; based D. took; based
- Recently a survey prices of the same goods in two different supermarkets has caused heated debate among citizens.
- compared with B. comparing C. compared D. having compared
- — Hey, look where you are going!
— Oh, I’m terribly sorry. ______.